Here are some random thoughts and photos of our “Spring Day with Dandelions” Emoti-Photoshoot.
- Hold a dandelion below her chin, and if you can see a yellow reflection upon the skin, she is fond of butter. Or, if it shines a gold circle under her chin, she is telling the truth.
- Legend has it that the tallest dandelion stalk a child can find in the early spring will show how much taller she will grow in the coming year. Queen Mariposa Emotikin (now 16″) will grow four more inches.
- Reserving a section of your yard for native flowering plants and for weeds like dandelion, nettle, and milkweed should also be added somewhere nearby to help guarantee a good variety of butterflies.
- According to this live Butterfly Migration Map, monarchs are moving north but have not been spotted in Colorado yet. Clearly, they don’t know about the MonarchEkin variety. What kind of emoti-caterpillar becomes an Monarchikin butterfly?
- It’s nice to have a girl play date. Thanks Crystal and Ivy for playing along. Creativity cubed!
The best thing about dandelions is that they bloom into magic-wish wands.